If you are looking for a simple way to make money fast, check out my list of 11 items that you should be able to sell for a profit! Be sure to read to the end and I’ll share my favorite resell outlets!
- High End Kids Clothes: I’ve noticed that high end and boutique brand clothing sells quickly if they are in good quality. Double check for stains and tears and if it passes the test, sell it! A good rule of thumb is to ask 60% less than what you paid for it!
- Large Kids Toys: Dollhouses, outdoor toys or unique wooden toys sell quickly and usually at a good price! You may want to see what the going prices are for used items in your area to hep gauge what your asking price should be.
- Gently Worn Shoes: Another big selling item for me has been gently worn shoes: think Converse, Nike or other name brands.
- Home Decor: Did you buy a farmhouse sign that didn’t quite fit on the wall like you hoped? I’ve noticed that home decor can go quickly if priced right. Especially if it is in like new condition!
- Kids Sports/Elective equipment: Think baseball gloves, ballet tutus, tap shoes, etc. These are hot ticket items and usually sell well if they are in good condition.
- Luggage: This is a surprisingly easy sell in our area. Luggage can get expensive fast so many folks will check for used options first!
- Large Furniture Items: I haven noticed items like dressers, chests or any kind of large furniture can sell quickly if priced right.
- Organizational Items: Cubbies, storage cubes, storage containers. These sell well right before school starts as many teachers are browsing for items for their classrooms.
- Large Appliances: If you recently updated your washer, dryer or maybe even your fridge–these can go quickly and for a good price.
- Collectible Toys: Think Shopkins, Pokemon, Harry Potter, any collectors item that maybe hard to find.
- Homeschool Curriculum: This is another hot ticket items. If you have unused workbooks or teacher guides laying around unused, these will often sell for excellent prices!
So, where exactly do you resell these items? I recommend large furniture pieces, toys, books, etc for yard sales. For high end kids clothing and toys, I have always had great luck with consignment sales. Online yard sales are also great for just about anything! Just be sure to take safety measures and meet in public areas. Most local police departments offer meeting grounds for those making online transactions.