Today, I’m sharing a simple step by step tutorial on how to claim your web site on Pinterest!
It took me a couple of tries before I got it right. The easiest method is by using the Yoast Plug In! If you don’t have it, find it and add it! It’s a great resource for bloggers who want to make money online.
Five Steps To Claim Your Website On Pinterest
- Log into your Pinterest Account. You will need to make sure you are using a Business Account (personal will not work for this). Having a business account has many benefits which include claiming your web site and being able to use rich pins. It helps with Pinterest SEO!
- Once you have a business Pinterest Page, go to your settings (the three little dots at the top of the page) and then click on edit settings.
- On the menu (left side) click on claim web site. Pinterest has a step by step action at this point. Follow directions and copy the HTML Tag option. Don’t click save, yet!
- Open another browser and go to your WordPress dash board. Click on the Y SEO >SOCIAL Link. Double check your Facebook tab and make sure the open graph settings are turned on. Then, click on the Pinterest tab in the box labeled Pinterest Confirmation, paste the confirmation code that you copied earlier from Pinterest. Click Save.
- Now you can click Save on the Pinterst claim web site menu. Pinterest will e-mail you confirmation once your web site has been officially claimed.
You should be set! Be sure to check out my other Pinterest Marketing Strategies here!