With many families home this week making dinner using simple pantry items, I thought I would share quick ideas on how to create dinners using pantry items.
- Oatmeal: Cook according to package. Mix in ideas: nuts, Chocolate chips, or even jelly to sweeten if you are out of sugar.
- Granola: Bake 1 cup oats, 1 cup nuts, 1 cup coconut, 1/2 Cup honey at 350 or until the mixture is golden brown. Great with fruit or yogurt!
- Black Bean Nachos: Rinse and drain a can of black beans. Heat on the stove until a low boil starts. Remove from heat and pour over tortilla chips. Sprinkle with cheese and bake at 350 until the cheese has melted.
- Black Bean Soup: Heat 1 can of black beans (rinsed) and 1 can of rotel. Add taco seasoning to taste. Top with sour cream, cheese, etc.
- White Bean Soup: Heat two cans of white beans with 1 cup chicken broth. and 1 can chicken (shredded). Season with salt and pepper. Serve with sour cream or cheddar cheese.
- Simple Alfredo: This recipe is made with heavy cream, butter and cheese. You can find the full recipe here.
- 5 Can Taco Soup: All it takes is five cans to make this creamy soup! Check out the recipe here.
Do you have any favorite recipes to share?