Are you going to Little Rock Arkansas soon? Check this list of must see things while visiting the Natural State!
10 Family Friendly Things to Do in Little Rock Arkansas
- River Walk: At the top of my list of things to do in Little Rock is the downtown River Walk. With beautiful gardens, scenic views of the river and a wonderful park for kids, it is the place to relax, unwind and take in the local vibe! Be sure to take a stroll along the pedestrian train bridges! They offer incredible views!
- Witt Stephens Jr. Central Arkansas Nature Center: This is a great gem tucked away in the river walk area. It is a great place for kids to learn about animals and the natural state of Arkansas. They also have windows to their birding area!
- Presidential Library: The William J. Clinton Presidential Library is a unique modern library packed with tons of information and boasts an awesome replica of the White House office. Great for families!
- Old State House Museum: The OSHM was the original home to the Arkansas Capitol. It’s a great place to learn about the history of Arkansas! If you love to step back in time, this is the place to go.
- Children’s Museum: The Children’s museum located just down the block from the Presidential Museum is one of the best in the country. It provides learning resources and fun for the entire family! Be ready to spend several hours there as there is SO MUCH to do! It’s a travel destination for families all over the state.
- Trolley Rides: One of my personal favorites is riding the Little Rock Trolley system! They have routes that stay on the Little Rock side and routes that will take you to North Little Rock. It’s a great way to get around the city and learn about many historical places around town.
- Arkansas State Capitol: That state capitol is right in the heart of Little Rock Arkansas. Modeled after the United States Capitol it is worth visiting! There are several memorials to visit outside the grounds and the massive gold doors provide ample photo opportunities! You can check out their web site for additional tour information: Arkansas State Capitol
- The River Market: This is a great place to grab a snack or quick lunch. They offer a wide range of food, snacks and drinks. Consequently, it happens to be a very tourist area…so keep that in mind!
- Arkansas Historical Museum: If you are a history buff or maybe you are traveling to Arkansas for the first time, this is a great place to visit. Featuring restored buildings from frontier history and much more.
- Old Mill Park: Although it’s technically on the North Little Rock side, it is still worth mentioning. During the spring and summer the park features gorgeous flowers, a duck pond and unique architecture. However, it is still a lovely place to visit during all seasons. Also, it is well known for it’s feature in the movie “Gone With The Wind”.
Have traveled to Little Rock? What are some of your favorite places to visit? Be sure to check out our other posts on family travel topics!